Evan Williams is an Associate at Bybee & Tibbals, LLC. Evan primarily focuses on issues related to Zoning and Land Use Disputes, Real Property Contract Disputes, Eminent Domain/Condemnation, Commercial Mortgage, and Lien Disputes, Boundary Line and Easement Disputes, and Commercial Lease Disputes.
Evan achieves successful results for clients with an emphasis on detailed case strategy while simultaneously realizing the big picture. He routinely represents landowner clients, which include large publicly traded entities, outdoor advertising companies, and other investment owners of real property in litigation disputes. Evan also handles construction litigation matters, representing homebuilders and contractors in mechanic’s liens and alleged construction defects.
• Lead counsel in defense of timeshare developer against timeshare interest owners who allege that timeshare developer had breached the provisions of the contracts at issue and the governing regulations of the vacation timeshare industry. 2018.
• Represent property owner in downtown Charleston in pursuing action to restore his rights under an access easement against a property owners association that denied the property owner access to his real property via the easement. 2018.
• Prevailed in obtaining judgment for $175,000 against a commercial tenant in downtown Charleston for breach of lease agreement due to unpaid rent. 2018.
• After filing suit, prevailed in obtaining recovery via settlement for a property restoration company against a commercial entity in excess of $75,000 for unpaid invoices owed for mitigation and restoration work performed by the company. 2018.
• Prevailed in obtaining settlement in excess of $200,000 for a residential and commercial construction company against a commercial entity for unpaid invoices owed for renovation work performed by the company. 2018.
• Prevailed in obtaining relocation benefit payments for commercial landowner and tenant that were displaced due to condemnation by South Carolina state agency. 2018.
• Represent property owners in condemnation proceedings relating to construction of the South Carolina Ports Authority’s Port Access Road. 2018.
• Represent property owner regarding potential taking of real property relating to construction of Palmetto Railways’ Camp Hall Rail Line. 2018.
• Represent the Town of Summerville in eminent domain and inverse condemnation actions against commercial property developer. 2018.
• Prevailed in obtaining settlement for the purchaser of real property in a breach of contract action involving a purchase-sale transaction in Mount Pleasant. 2018.
DePauw University, B.A., Media Fellows Honors, 2010
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
South Carolina Bar
Charleston County Bar Association
Young Lawyers Division, South Carolina Bar
Saint Mary of the Annunciation Roman Catholic Church